-Introduction to Programming and why it will form part of the new PoS.
-What will the new PoS look like?
-A look at the new EAS Skills Ladder
-A programming Journey? How it looks from FP to KS2
-Fun and exciting activities to introduce programming concepts, without computers
-Demystify scary vocabulary and look at key concepts
-Demonstration of range of iPad apps which support programming concepts
-Impact of Programming, on learners
- Foundation Phase Teachers
- Key Stage 2 Teachers
- Teaching Assistants
- ICT Coordinators / 21st Century Learning Coordinators
Full Day 9:30am – 3:00pm
Luke Mansfield – Deputy Headteacher
As a result of this programme, attendees/participants will:
– Gain a range of ideas for developing pupils’ programming skills
– Understand how to integrate ‘Programming’ into existing schemes of work.
– Gain a range of resources to support the teaching of programming skills
– Be confident in using a range of methods and apps to teach programming skills
– Understand key concepts and vocabulary associated with programming and gain ideas for teaching these to pupils in simple, fun and engaging ways.
As a result of this programme, learners in school will:
– Develop programming skills in line with the new curriculum proposals
– Improve problem solving, perseverance and resilience in an exciting and motivating learning environment