St. Julian’s Primary School is a community primary school situated in the north east of the city of Newport.
The school opened in 2009, following the amalgamation of the infant and junior schools, which had been established in 1952. A purpose built nursery was constructed in the grounds in the 1970s. The school has an open, grassy aspect with a large playing field, four playgrounds and a sports-cage. The school is one of the largest primary schools in Newport, with over 650 pupils on roll, from a socially diverse catchment area. Mr Rees, the headteacher has been at the school since it opened in 2009, having previously been the headteacher of the Junior school. During his time at the school, he has built up a dedicated team of hard-working and committed staff.
Due to the recognised good practice at the school, we host a range of workshops and development programmes for staff and teachers across the region on behalf of the Education Achievement Service. We are also a Welsh Government Professional Learning Pioneer School and Digital Pioneer School, and have played a key role in developing the new curriculum for schools in Wales.