Every school must have a Child Protection Policy – often referred to as the school’s Safeguarding Policy. Our policy follows National and Local guidance. The aim of the policy is to ensure that our school has effective measures in place to safeguard our children from any potential risk of harm, and that the safety and wellbeing of the children are of the highest priority in all aspects of the school’s work. Having the policy in place ensures that all members of our school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the school’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection.